When switching from printing D-Tags to B-Tags, the RZ600 can be a little finicky. This document provides a process for switching between the two tag types.
As of October, 2011. There is one B-Tag format, the Viper B-Tag and it is shown below:
- With the printer powered on and loaded with D-Tags. Printing D-Tags is successful (network printing enabled and confirmed).
- From the PrintDTag program, click File > Settings, then click the Printer Setup tab. Form shown below should display. If printer IP address is properly setup, READY should display to right of Ping Printer.
- Select B-Tag-Viper as tag type.
- Click Reset Printer button. Click OK to message.
- Power off printer. B-Tags are thicker than D-Tags, so printhead may need to be loosened. This is done using the printhead screws or "clickers" shown below (arrows point to clickers). Loosen each clicker one click counter-clockwise. This may need to be adjusted once tags are actually printed.
- Load B-Tags onto the printer.
- Power on the printer and check the printer console for any error messages. If you see ERROR CONDITION PAPER OUT, you must perform a Manual Calibration.
- If there are no errors, make sure that the Tag Type is B-Tag and click the Send Setup button. The DATA light on the printer should flash and tags should advance. Click OK to messages. There should also be a message that indicates if the RFID config is correct.
- If there are still no errors on the printer console, click the Save and Quit button and then go to the Print Labels form.
- Print a SINGLE tag and verify no errors (two tags printed).
Verify that each tag is encoded correctly by using the RFID block.
- If both tags print/encode correctly, the setup should be correct.
- When switching back to D-Tags, repeat the above procedure, but start with B-Tags loaded in the printer and select D-Tag as the tag type (Step 3).