This guide will show you the steps of timing and scoring a basic race using ChronoTrack hardware and software including SimpleClient and CT Live. Most of the steps in this guide contain links to the relevant articles if you'd like to learn more about any of the steps.
This guide is not meant to be a comprehensive overview of all features of CT Live scoring and results. For an exhaustive checklist of every aspect of setting up and scoring an event including registration and digital media, check out our Timer Checklist which can be found on the main page of the knowledge base beneath the category list.
Configure CT Live
It's best to set up and configure your Event in CT Live well before the race so that when race day rolls around, all you have to do is collect and stream the data.
- Start by Creating an Event
- Add a Race to the event
- Add Timing Points and Intervals. Make sure that the Minimum and Maximum accepted times for each Timing Point are reasonable for the course distance you selected for the race. You should also click on the Full Course interval and establish the correct Pace information there as well as for the Split Interval
- Add Timing Devices to the Start, Split, and Finish Points.
- Set up Age Brackets for the race
- Upload Athletes to the Event and Assign Bibs. Remember that bibs can be assigned as part of the athlete upload process.
Collect and Stream Data
- Distribute bibs to the athletes at your packet pickup
- Perform a Time Sync on your Controllers
- Set the Event and Point names on your controllers
- Distribute the Controllers to their respective points
- Set up your Timing Line
- Connect your Controllers to the CCS Server
- Access and select the Streams in Simple Client
- When the athletes begin the race, create a Gun Start on your Start controller
- Start the SimpleClient Streams
- After all athletes have begun the race, change the Point name on the controller to correspond to your Finish Point in CT Live
- Access the Finish session in SimpleClient, select it, and start the stream
Check Timing Data and Provide Results