This guide will show you the steps of timing and scoring a basic race using ChronoTrack hardware and software including Fusion and CT Live. Most of the steps in this guide contain links to the relevant articles if you'd like to learn more about any of the steps.
This guide is not meant to be a comprehensive overview of all features of CT Live scoring and results.
Configure CT Live
It's best to set up and configure your Event in CT Live well before the race so that when race day rolls around, all you have to do is collect and stream the data.
- Start by Creating an Event
- Add a Race to the event for each course distance you have in your event.
- Add Timing Points and Intervals. Make sure that the Minimum and Maximum accepted times for each Timing Point are reasonable for the course distance you selected for the race. You should also click on the Full Course interval and establish the correct Pace information there as well as for the Split Interval
- Add Timing Devices to the Start, Split, and Finish Points.
- Set up Age Brackets for the race
- Upload Athletes to the Event and use dynamic assignment to Assign Bibs at your Expo. You can also pre-assign bibs as part of the Athlete Upload process or using the Bib Tool.
Collect and Stream Data
- Distribute bibs to the athletes at your packet pickup
- Perform a Time Sync on your Controllers
- Set the Event and Point names on your controllers
- Distribute the Controllers to their respective points
- Set up your Timing Line
- Connect your Controllers to the CCS Server or Locally. You can click these links to pre-filled searched to see articles that show how to connect each controller type by various methods:
- Access your controller sessions and add them to Streams in Fusion
- When the athletes begin the race, create a Gun Start on your Start controller
- Start the Fusion Streams
- After all athletes have begun the race, change the Point name on the controller to correspond to your Finish Point in CT Live
- Access the Finish session in Fusion, select it, and start the stream
Check Timing Data and Provide Results
- Assign a Gun Time to the Race in CT Live
- Open the Console in CT Live and check that tags are being validated
- Post a link to Athlinks Online Results page(if necessary)
- Use the Awards Report and the Overall Results Report to distribute awards for the event and post physical results at the end of the race.