This guide will walk you through the process of timing and scoring a basic race using ChronoTrack hardware and software including SimpleClient and CT Live. This is meant as a simple walk through, and uses only the most basic features of CT Live. The example we are using is a simple "out-and-back" course where athletes start and finish the race at the same line. There is also a halfway checkpoint. Most of the steps in this guide contain links to the relevant articles if you'd like to learn more about any of the steps.
This guide is not meant to be a comprehensive checklist to all features of CT Live. For an exhaustive look at every aspect of setting up and scoring an event including registration and digital media, check out our Timer Checklist which can be found on the main page of the knowledge base under the category list.
Configure CT Live
It's best to set up and configure your Event in CT Live well before the race so that when race day rolls around, all you have to do is collect and stream the data.
- Start by Creating an Event
- Add a Race to the event
- Configure the Course with Timing Devices for the Start and Finish Points. Add a Timing Point for the halfway checkpoint and create an Interval for the point. Make sure that the Minimum and Maximum accepted times for each Timing Point are reasonable for the course distance you selected for the race. You should also click on the Full Course interval and establish the correct Pace information there as well as for the Split Interval
- Set up Age Brackets for the race
- Upload Athletes to the Event and Assign Bibs
Collect Data and Stream Data
- Distribute bibs to the athletes
- Perform a Time Sync on your Controllers
- Set the Event and Point names on your controllers
- Distribute the Controllers to their respective points
- Set up your Timing Line
- Connect your Controllers to the CCS Server
- Access and select the Streams in Simple Client
- When the athletes begin the race, create a Gun Start on your Start controller
- Start the SimpleClient Streams
- After all athletes have begun the race, change the Point name on the controller to correspond to your Finish Point in CT Live
- Access the Finish session in SimpleClient, select it, and start the stream
Check Timing Data and Provide Results