StreamManager also has a variety of overall settings that may be useful for making sense of your Streams.
To the right on the StreamManager header bar are several settings selections. We have already touched on Adding a Stream and Managing Hosts, but there are two more options that are useful.
- Global Stream Settings – this section is separated into two tabs: Errors and Alerts, and Autoconfig.
- Errors and Alerts – from here you can set StreamManager to automatically attempt to resume a Stream after an error, specify how long the program should wait before attempting to resume, and specify the maximum number of times the program may attempt to reconnect. You can also specify an e-mail at which to receive alerts when a Stream experiences an error.
- Autoconfig – from this tab you can set Autoconfig options for new Streams. Enabling any of the Autoconfig features means that a new stream will be automatically added any time a new session is created on an online controller registered to your Timer Code, any time a new session is created by an online guest controller configured to use one of your event names, or when you have specified an Autoconfig event.
- Settings include:
- Autoconfig Normal (On/Off) – Enables Autoconfig with Normal tag mode selected.
- Autoconfig Immediate – Enables Autoconfig with Immediate tag mode selected.
- Autoconfig Keypad – Enables Autoconfig with Keypad tag mode selected.
- Autostart – checking the box enables an Autoconfig session to start streaming immediately upon creation.
- Autonfig Event – allows you to specify a specific event to which to apply Autoconfig options any time a new session is created on the controller.
- When you are finished making changes, click the X to save the changes.
- Options – this selection allows you to save your current preferences, including Global Stream Settings, Host defaults, and Stream Status refresh preferences. You can also reset the preferences to their default.
- Selecting Keep Sorted will enable StreamManager to re-sort the streams based on current sorting preferences whenever a new Stream is added. This is useful for when you have to navigate away from StreamManager and don’t want to have to re-sort when you log back in.
- Selecting Blink Cells on Update will enable StreamManager to blink a Stream, offering a visual cue to alert you when a Stream updates.
- Get Stream Status – this feature allows you to set Streams to update automatically based on the specified time frame. You can also click Update Now to update all Streams immediately.
- Help – from the Help popup, you can view Using StreamManager videos that will show you how the various features work. You may also leave Feedback for ChronoTrack staff to report any odd behavior or tell us we’re doing a good job. If you have questions, concerns, or suggestions you would like to discuss with the rest of the ChreonoTrack community, you can visit the Forum from the Help popup.
- Master Controls – The Master Controls allow you to Start, Pause, Resume, or Rewind ALL Streams at the same time. These options are always available, regardless of individual Stream status.
- Filters – If you have a lot of Streams running, you may need to quickly search for a specific Stream. You can filter by Event, Code, Point, Controller, and Status. You can also clear the Filters to return to the default view.