Sometimes you may want to access or download data you streamed to the ChronoTrack server in the past. Since data is stored on the server indefinitely, any data you store will be kept as long as you might need it. Data is stored on a per-session basis, so if you're wanting to pull all data from a specific date or event, you'll need to export multiple files. Accessing the data is simple, and this guide will show you how.
Find and Export
- Log in to the Timer Portal, then click the Events tab.
- If the data was streamed to the server more than two weeks ago, click Export/Replay Past Events. If less than two weeks, click View All Current Events.
- On the next screen, enter the Event name set on the Controller(s) whose data you're trying to access. If multiple controllers were configured with the same Event Name, all data from each controller that was connected to the server will be available.
- Click Export next to the correct data set, based on the Date and/or the Name.
- A zipped file titled with the Event Name as well as the download date and UTC time will be downloaded to your computer. The zipped file contains the raw CSV and MRK files that were originally streamed to the server. You can use these files to re-process data in SimpleClient or Fusion as you would with data pulled from controllers via USB.